You can download MTSP FIM (now called "Telepone") here (version: 2.02b)
MTSP (MT Special Edition) is a Japanese 3rd party netplay client for the FM2K engine, with integrated lobby and chat. It is built around a server system, a player hosts a room for other players to join and use as a matchmaking.
MTSP requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, which can be downloaded here (x86 - 32bit version) and here (x64 - 64bit version). You will also needs .Net Framework 4.0, which can be downloaded from here
How to configure MTSPEdit
At MTSP's startup, you are shown a startup dialog. There are a few things to set here:
- Your Open Port (by default 7500)
In the Option tab, your Nickname and Tagline.
- The Tagline appears for everyone when you join a server, and it is recommend that you include your general location (e.g. East Coast or Europe)
You can change your welcome message in this dialog, too. (Only for server runners)
Now press Cancel. If MTSP was not already configured, it will ask you to set the path to the game's executable and bring you to the Settings window. If it does not, click Options, then Settings, and set the following settings:
- The game's executable path. IMPORTANT! (General tab)
- The replay folder if you want MTSP to save your replays (optional) (General tab)
- The different notification sounds (optional) (Sounds tab)
- Tells everyone what's the pony you want to play as. (optional) (-FIM- tab)
The following points are important. In the Game tab, set:
Max. Stage #: 4 Random Stage: 0 # of Rounds: 2 Game Timer: 99 Title Bar: (Recommended: "Nicknames", "Number of Games Played", and "FPS") Launch at 640x480
How to connect to a server or host a serverEdit
You can do these things in startup dialog
To join an existing serverEdit
- Choose Host if your port is Forwarded, or Client if your port is not Forwarded.
- Put the server's address (either IP address, domain name, or server code) in Destination IP and press OK.
- If you can't connect, try checking or unchecking the DNS box.
- As a Host, you will be able to play with everybody on the server.
- As a Client, you will only be able to play with Hosts, and the Server's creator.
If you want to host a serverEdit
- Choose Server on the startup dialog, and type a name for your server.
- Make sure your ports are forwarded properly, or no one will be able to join your server.
- You can encrypt your IP before giving it to other players.
Do not expect 24/7 up-time on these servers.
Main FiM ServerEdit
- squirrelnet.dyndns.org (24/7)
General Japanese ServerEdit
Miscellaneous Servers (untested)Edit
European server (24/7)Edit